RANDOM FOTOZ FROM ARC'S flickr GALLERY ...
Arc's photos More of
Arc's Fotoz

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Espirit De Icarus







Man has forever been striving for freedom, and in a manner of speaking, dreaming to break free and fly away. It's not a new dream, to 'spread your wings and fly'. We see it in myths (the flight of Icarus), you must've experienced it in your own lives and today, we hear it in songs (Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway, R.Kelly - I believe I can fly ...) too. So what happens when a bunch of SMU students get bent upon the idea of flight? No, you don't get the Wright Bros. again ... but close! You get the SMUXceed Skydiving Team. Why you may ask would anyone want to jump out of a plane in flight with no imminent threat? Let's find out ...

Ngiang Boon Loong wishes to skydives because, "The spirit of skydiving is one of believing that nothing is impossible ..." while Paul says "To push myself both physically and mentally; taking a step toward finding my own limitations and extremes and going outside my own comfort-zone. " So, what's my take on it having been a part of the same team? Well coz this is as 'extreme' as is available to me right now ... I'd love to go a step further, but alas.

So they tread this path to conquer the skies and in their walk do they conquer their fears? Most people do find the thought of jumping out of a plane cruising somewhere across the blue yonder scary. Do the daredevils of the skies have apprehensions? They recently excursion-ed to Genting, Malaysia for an ultimate vertical wind-tunnel thrust and here are some thoughts before they went in ... well at least here's mine, "Big Tunnel, with big fan and lotsa wind … Hope it’s fun!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said ...

:P your life is open book but i fancy reading cover page . what does it says?? how you been?? . nothing is inspiringme off lately so i hv kept my pen away .. but hey love to read more from you .

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said ...

and hey too many hobbies where do you get time to do all tis.. last i hv heard thathobbies are for horse heeeeeeee hawww :P just mocking .

4:07 AM  
Blogger Å®çåñë ĉåñţïçłξ said ...

Hey Nutty ... well yea' time is a factor ... esp. now that I am doing an internship, got no time at all =( ... on the other hand, nothing much to do here anyways ... will get back into action when I am back in Singapore. Erm, you facny reading the cover page eh' ... well so do I =P ... but well the book is open and I am too lazy to close it up just too peek at the cover page ... I guess I'll get a glimpse at it once I am through with the book ...

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said ...

someday i will read that cover page as well eh . when you through with it :(sigh so i have to wait .. hope wait doesnt go in vain :P

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Not Pr0n
Got Brains?
Arc @ Level 16
-->